6 Benefits of arts and crafts!
Fine Motor Skills
Craft for kids
Our STEM based Craft Kits for Kids
Art STEM BOX
- Regular price
- Sale price
'Through the window: views of Marc Chagall's Life and Art' is a beautiful biography of Marc Chagall, a prominent artist celebrated by art lovers all over the world. The book will inspire young artists about the importance of self-expression through art, and showcases that anything is possible if we dare to just dream a little!
This box also includes 3 STEAM learning kits where kiddos will have an opportunity to learn about different art forms. They will make Stained Glass Art, Mosaic Art and Abstract Art inspired by Marc Chagall.
WHAT'S INSIDE THIS AWESOMELY FUN AND ENGAGING ART BOX ...
+ Stained Glass Window Art - Marc Chagall was known for making beautiful and thought-provoking stained-glass windows! Kiddos will learn the meaning behind Stained-Glass art and will have the opportunity to have some fun with stained-glass art inspired by Marc Chagall.
+ Mosaic Art STEAM kit - Kiddos get to be creative and learn how to make their own mosaic art masterpiece!
+ Abstract Art: What is Abstract art? What is the purpose of Abstract art? Kiddos get to learn about Abstract Art and build an Abstract sculpture.
+ The perfect gift for little Artists: Hardcover children’s book, kid-friendly learning manuals, instruction manual, 3 STEAM learning kits, fascinating keepsakes, and much more.
Space Edition: Moon Phase Box
- Regular price
- Sale price
Discover the book, ‘Moon: A Peek-Through Picture book by children’s written by Britta Teckentrup. Young minds will be introduced to the concept of the Lunar Cycle and will learn about the different phases of the moon. How do different animals react to moonlight? How do the phases of the moon affect the tides? Why does the moon look different every night? The box includes 2 DIY STEAM activity kits. Kids make a Lunar calendar with different phases of the moon and also make a beautiful Moon Mobile which can be used to decorate their room. Young stargazers are sure to be engaged with this unique box. The goal is to teach little ones about the moon and its different phases. Hours of fun and learning with Storybook Science.
+HANDS-ON LEARNING: Focus on the ‘E’ and ‘S’ in STEAM education with this fascinating space activity box.
+READ AND LEARN: Learn all about the unique 8 moon phases and how it affects the earth with the magical book titled ‘Moon: A Peek-Through Picture book’ by children’s book author Britta Teckentrup.
+MAKE A LUNAR CALENDAR: have a blast while making a Lunar Cycle calendar using model magic clay.
+CONSTRUCT A MOON MOBILE: Introduce engineering to young innovators as they paint and build a moon mobile made up of different phases of the moon.
+WHAT’S INCLUDED: Hardcover children’s book, kid-friendly teaching resources, easy to follow instruction manuals, 2 GLOW-IN-THE-DARK moon phase cutouts, 2 STEAM learning kits with all materials included, enchanting keepsakes, and much more.
- Regular price
- Sale price
The theme of this box is ‘Pets’. Learn all the wacky and funny things our pets do in '50 wacky things Pets Do' by Heidi Fiedler and wonderfully illustrated by Marta Sorte. Curious pet owners also get a glimpse into what causes certain behavior in pets and how to best care for them. Why is your bird grinding its beak? Or why is your dog chasing its tail? This box is action-packed with a children’s book, and 2 STEAM activities. Kiddos make a 'fish tank bank' and find out what chameleons eat all while having fun designing their own game.
+ HANDS-ON LEARNING: This box combines STEAM education and literacy and is perfect for art lovers.
+ READ AND LEARN: Young readers find out fascinating facts about their favorite pets. This month's book makes a useful resource for pet owners and animal lovers!
+ THE FISH TANK BANK: Build and design a wonderful aquarium that also serves as a mini bank
+ CRAFTY CHAMELEONS: Have fun making crafty chameleons and all while playing an exciting game
+ WHAT’S INCLUDED: Hardcover children’s book, kid-friendly teaching resources, easy to follow instruction manuals, 2 STEAM learning kits with all materials included, fun keepsakes, and much more.
The Birthday Box - Special Edition
- Regular price
- Sale price
Celebrate your special day with us! The Birthday Box makes the perfect gift for your little one.
The special edition Birthday Box includes an adorable book titled 'Cake' by children's book author Sue Hendra and Paul Linnet. 'Cake' has been invited to his very first birthday party and he wants to dress up. He goes to town to find the perfect outfit for this special occasion. Excited and all dressed up Cake arrives at the party only to realize that maybe this isn't an event he wants to be invited to! This book is wonderfully illustrated and will leave you laughing at every turn. Young bakers will also make a real birthday cake and celebrate their special day with loves ones.
The Birthday Box also includes 2 STEAM learning kits, a bonus birthday card recipe, designed and inspired by the book 'Cake'. All supplies included.
+ Make an exciting Birthday Cake: Young bakers will make a faux cake and decorate it with confetti and buttercream slime.
+ Make Confetti Slime: Make Confetti Slime and learn the exciting science behind Slime.
+ Bake your own Cake: This box includes a special cake recipe that you will make with your little baker! So put on your chef hats and get ready to make a delicious Birthday Cake!
+ WHAT’S INSIDE: Hardcover children’s book, kid-friendly learning manual, instruction manual, 2 STEAM learning kits, 1 Cake recipe, fascinating keepsakes, and much more.
Best Craft Kit for Kids
Parents and educators can get involved in these activities with children as well. In fact, crafting is a great way to create quality bonding time as a family. Experiment with glitter, get your hands messy with slime, play along with some play-doh, and bring your inner child to the table. You will find that this can also be a stress-reliever ironically! .
IMPORTANCE OF CRAFTS FOR KIDS 4-8 Years.Have you ever wondered why your little one loves crafting so much? Experts say that for kids between the ages 3-8, arts and crafts play a very important role in their development and growth. Kids this age have a natural inclination and love for crafts and arts.
Here are 6 important skills that kids learn from doing arts and crafts on a daily basis.
1. Fine Motor Skills: Children should start indulging in some crafting and arts as early as they can. The more they use their hand muscles while drawing, cutting, gluing, sticking, the quicker their coordination and fine motor skills develop. The faster their fine motor skills develop, the sooner they get a head start at performing other simple tasks on their own.
2. Confidence: Instilling a sense of self-esteem and confidence in young minds is the single most important thing that parents should work on from an early age. When kids make arts or craft projects, they love showing it off to their parents, grandparents, and anyone who cares to listen. This gives them a sense of achievement. They also develop important virtues such as patience, finding out unique ways to solve a problem, and trial and error eventually can lead to success. They also realize that there is no right or wrong way to do a task.
3. Early literacy: As children follow instructions from their teachers or parents, they develop better communication skills, and increase their vocabulary. When they are asked why they decided to create a certain drawing or chose a specific colour, they start developing logical reasoning skills. They learn decision making while picking a certain colour, a specific tool or preferring one craft activity to others.
4. Creativity: Have you ever thought that you are not a creative person? This is a common belief in adults. Every individual is creative but it is a skill which needs to be developed at a very tender age. Creativity is developed through experiences, exploration and experimentation. To enhance your child’s creativity, it is essential for parents and educators to not focus on the finished product but on the process. There is no right or wrong way to make art and making mistakes is sometimes even encouraged. Unexpected results lead to the best creations. Everyone can develop the skill of creativity but parents and educators can provide them with endless avenues to enhance their creativity when they are just toddlers.
5. Mathematical literacy: Children start recognizing different patterns, shapes, and sizes when doing arts and crafts. They learn to cut, measure and stick together materials of various sizes and lengths. Math is not often considered a favourite subject for children but acquiring math skills early on is known to have a positive developmental affect in preschool children. It is also the easiest and most engaging way to assist your child in acquiring essential mathematical skills as they grow older and start doing some serious math in school.
6. Parent-child bonding time: Doing arts and crafts together with your child makes for a perfect opportunity to make new memories together as a family. It is also a great way to introduce complex topics to children in a way and engaging way, which feels nothing like school. Parents can take this opportunity to answer questions, discuss topics that are important to you as a family and be the first one to teach them new skills.
Banyan Tree Kidz designs every box filled with the best craft kits for kids where parents are as much involved as their children in helping them learn about different topics while creating long-lasting memories.